About The Bible
All Scripture contained in the Old and New Testaments is verbally, plenarily, and inerrently inspired by God. It is the authoratative guide for all Christian understanding, life and ministry.
There is one God eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. Each is infinite, eternal, and almighty.
About Jesus Christ
We believe that Jesus Christ, the Son, is fully God and fully man. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, and lived a perfect sinless life. He died, shedding His blood in His substitutionary death for sinners, then was buried, rose from the grave, ascended into heaven, and is now seated at the right hand of God the Father.
About the Holy Spirit
The Holy Spirit, who is Lord and giver of life, convicts the world of sin, righteousness and judgment, and unites man to Jesus Christ by faith. We believe the Holy Spirit seals and indwells all believers at the moment of salvation. The filling of the Holy Spirit is not an unconditional promise to all believers; His indwelling is.
Man was created in the image and likeness of God. It was by mans free will that he disobeyed God, which resulted in spiritual (separation from God) and physical death. Every human being is born with a sinful nature. Therefore, every man is a sinner and in need of a divine salvation.
The baptism of the Holy Spirit is sent upon all who believe in Jesus Christ. This takes place in each believer at the moment of salvation. Being filled with the Spirit is a continual and ongoing experience as the believer yields to Him in their daily life. Each gift given by the Holy Spirit is for the edification of the body of Christ and is still present today.
Salvation is a free gift from God. This was accomplished by Jesus Christ's substitutionary death. All who believe in Him are justified (declared to be right with God) by the shedding of His sinless blood. Because salvation is given by grace, the believer's salvation is eternally secure. Salvation is:
- The work of God for man, not the work of man for God.
- The bestowal and actual impartation of eternal life; it is not the beauties and artificial imitations of ethical living.
- The imputed righteousness of God; it is not the imperfect righteousness of man.
- According to the faithful calling of God; it is not according to the fitful carefulness of man.
- A divine reconciliation; it is not a human regulation.
- The canceling of all sin, it is not the cessation from some sin.
- Being delivered from, and dead to, the law; it is not delighting in, or doing the law.
- Divine regeneration; it is not human reformation.
- Being accepted by God; it is not becoming exceptionally good.
- Completeness in Christ; it is not competency in character.
- Possessing every spiritual blessing; it is not professing any special betterment.
- Always and only of God. It is never of man.
- Discovering the unsearchable riches of Christ; not searching out the wretchedness of man.
* The 13 statements above were taken from the book: "Grace," by Lewis Sperry Chafer.
About the baptism of the Holy Spirit
We believe the fulfillment of the Great Commission (evangelism), to seek and save the lost, is a privilege and divine calling for all believers and the most important divine work of every local assembly.The church (ecclesia = called out ones) is the body and bride of Christ. The church is dedicated to the worship and service of God, and the observance of the sacraments or ordinances of baptism, and the Lord's Supper (communion). The primary purpose of the church in all ages is to teach all nations and to make disciples through the preaching and teaching of the Word of God.Christ will return to Rapture (snatch away from impending judgment) His church before the events of the Great Tribulation Period (Rev. 6 - 8). Immediately following this event will be the 7 year tribulation period. Concluding this, Christ will come again to the earth to establish His rule for a literal 1,000 year period, revealed in scripture as the Millenial Kingdom (Rev. 20). Following this, the Great White Throne Judgment, for the unsaved and Satan being cast into the lake of fire will take place. Christ will then establish a new heaven and a new earth consumating all things
About the Great Commission